What is the longest sports in the Olympics?
Top 6 Longest Olympic Competitions
- Cycling, 1896 Olympic Games.
- Track and Field, men’s 50-kilometer race walk, 1932 Olympic Games.
- Track and Field, men’s marathon, 1904 Olympic Games.
- Triathlon, women’s, 2004 Olympic Games.
- 1 hour, 57 minutes, 38.2 seconds.
What is the longest event in athletics?
50 Kilometer Race Walk
This is the longest of all the track & field events, covering more than 30 miles of intense racing.
What is kilometer race?
The 10 kilometres race walk, or 10-kilometer racewalk, is a racewalking event. The event is competed as a road race. Athletes must always keep in contact with the ground and the supporting leg must remain straight until the raised leg passes it. 10 kilometers is 6.21 miles.
Is 10K harder than 5k?
The faster you can run a 5k the easier a 10k will feel at a slower pace for double the distance. Don’t panic about the amount of training this will involve. Remember you don’t need to double what you’ve been doing in 5k training in order to run a 10k, because that would lead to overtraining and tiredness.