Which five cities have hosted a Winter Olympics?
- Chamonix, France. January 25-February 4, 1924.
- St. Moritz, Switzerland. …
- Lake Placid, New York. February 4-15, 1932.
- Garmisch Partenkirchen, Germany. February 6-16, 1936. …
- San Moritz, Switzerland. January 30-February 8, 1948.
- Oslo, Norway. February 14-25, 1952.
- Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy. …
- Squaw Valley, California.
Where are the 2024 Olympics?
Has Sweden hosted the Winter Olympics?
The bid was announced at November 11, 2013. The IOC will select the host city for the 2022 Winter Olympics at the 127th IOC Session in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on July 31, 2015.
Stockholm bid for the 2022 Winter Olympics.
|NOC||Swedish Olympic Committee (SOK)|
|Previous Games hosted|
|Hosted the 1912 Summer Olympics|
Which countries have hosted both winter and summer Olympics?
Beijing will become the first city that hosts both the Summer and Winter Olympics in sports history despite there being several countries that have already hosted both the Summer and Winter Olympics (i.e. United States, France, Italy, Canada, Germany and Japan).
Which US state has hosted the most Olympics?
The United States has bid to host an Olympic Games 55 total times. Los Angeles leads all cities with 10 bids, followed by Detroit (7), Lake Placid (6), Philadelphia (4) and Chicago (4).