What is Olympics in simple words?
: a series of international athletic contests held as separate winter and summer events in a different country every four years. More from Merriam-Webster on Olympic Games.
How do I teach my child about the Olympics?
8 Fun Ways to Teach Kids About the Winter Olympics
- 1) Host Your Version of the Opening Ceremonies. …
- 2) Bake Some Olympic Treats. …
- 3) Make Flags for Different Countries. …
- 4) Design Your Very Own Pair of Skis. …
- 5) “Light” the Olympic Torch. …
- 6) Host Your Own Winter Olympics Events. …
- 7) Make Your Own Medals.
What is Olympic explain?
The Olympic Games are an international sports festival, held every four years. The ultimate goals are to cultivate human beings, through sport, and contribute to world peace. Summer Games and Winter Games are held separately.
What do the Olympics mean?
The modern Olympic Games, commonly called the Olympics, are an international athletic competition featuring multiple sporting events between athletes representing their country. … The Olympic Games are sometimes referred to as the Olympiad or the Games of the Olympiad, often incorporating the number of the current event.
Why are the Olympics important?
The goal of the Olympic Movement is to contribute to building a peaceful and better world by educating youth through sport practiced without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play.
What is the sentence of Olympic Games?
This year’s Olympic Games will be the biggest ever sporting event. 7. At the 1968 Olympic Games she had won gold medals in races at 200, 400, and 800m.
Why can’t parents go to the Olympics?
If you’re wondering why no one will be allowed at the Tokyo Olympics, the answer is simple: They’re trying to be as careful as possible with health and safety amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
How do you train for the Olympics?
A Typical Training Day for an Olympic Athlete
- 8 am. RUN- 6 mile run (45 minutes) straight at your own pace.
- 10 am. SWIM- 4,200m (1 hour) Set- 800 warm-up. …
- 3 pm. BIKE- 2 hour easy spin around Colorado.
- 9 am. RUN- (on track) 2.5 mile warm up, 4×800 with 2:00 recovery, 2.5 mile cool down.
- 3 pm. BIKE- Intervals (90 minutes total)